Spring is finally here and it’s time to look forward to some carefree fun as we move away from the cooler months. The change of season means a major wardrobe revamp as we update our Spring/Summer styles to ensure we’re donning the latest trends and bold silhouettes. In fact, for 48 percent of us, the change of season is the no. 1 driver for new clothing purchases.
Insights uncovered paint a stylish picture on what we should expect in the coming months – in particular as states move out of lockdown. With this research, Next.com.au wants to help us all choose the next outfit with ease – it’s all about style over fashion and selecting the must-haves that make us happy.
Next offers the latest looks made to the highest quality. Available at an affordable price, these selects are sure to be on high rotation as it starts to heat up.
Research into the Australian style hunter has delivered some interesting insights, finding that:
- Blue is the new black – blue is the favourite colour of Australians, with over a quarter choosing this above all others. Black is the only other dominant colour with 21 per cent selecting it as their favourite. For Gen Z, black is favoured (23 per cent), followed closely by purple (15 per cent) and green (14 per cent).
- Cotton is the fresh fabric of the season for Australians (53 per cent) and linen rates highly too (19 per cent), in particular with millennials and Gen Z.
- Midi and maxi dresses are the queen styles of the season – with 25 per cent of women preferring the mid cut look and 23 per cent choosing to go the maximum length.
- A lines and maxi skirts remain hugely popular too, with 18 per cent of women preferring these styles.
- Florals are the freshest print this season (28 per cent), with Gen Z in particular championing the style and finishing off their looks with cropped cardigans (46 per cent).
- Men (22 per cent) and woman (26 per cent) alike are loving lightweight trench coats which are clearly the key trans-seasonal must-have.
After (many) spring cleans in lockdown, it’s time to freshen up older styles with new ones- and now you know exactly what to look for to stay trendy and hot this season!