You can use this service without telling us who you are or revealing other Personal Information. If you send us a contact or feedback form you do not need to identify yourself or use your real name.
The purpose of this online service is to provide you with information about Get it Magazine and lifestyle, fashion, food and beauty news with a focus on the Gold Coast, Australia, but also extending to the rest of the world.
If you contact us we will collect the email address you nominate and any other identifying information you provide, such as a name or phone number.
Please do not give us other personal or sensitive information.
Other than circumstances such as unlawful activity or serious threats to health and safety, we do not share Personal Information with other agencies. If you ask us about an issue that needs to be dealt with by another agency, we will provide you with the necessary details to make contact yourself. You may opt out of further contact from us at any time.
How we deal with complaints and requests
You may request access to Personal Information about you that we hold and you may ask us to correct your Personal Information if you find that it is not accurate, up-to-date or complete. You may also make a complaint about our handling of your Personal Information. These services are free of charge.
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, we will need evidence of your identity before we can grant you access to information about you or change it.
You can contact us by email, or send your request or complaint to the postal address below. We undertake to respond within 30 days. If the request or complaint will take longer to resolve, we will provide you with a date by which we expect to respond.
How we protect your personal information
This online service is hosted in secure, government accredited facilities. To help protect the privacy of data and personal information we collect and hold, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis.
We train our staff about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. Access to your Personal Information is restricted to employees who need it to provide benefits or services to you.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Get it Magazine collects data about your activities that does not personally or directly identify you when you visit our website, the website of entities for which we serve advertisements (our “Advertisers”), or the websites and online services where we display advertisements (“Publishers”). This information may include the content you view, the date and time that you view this content, the products you purchase, or your location information associated with your IP address. We use the information we collect to serve you more relevant advertisements (referred to as “Retargeting”). We collect information about where you saw the ads we serve you and what ads you clicked on.
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
Get it Magazine Pty Ltd
PO Box 7602, GCMC. Qld. 9726
1300 858 932
Terms & Conditions
Competitions and Prizes
These Terms apply to all prize promotions associated with Get it Magazine unless otherwise specified.
- Get it Magazine facilitates regular competitions, free prize draws and promotions on this website and our branded social media/digital spaces. Competitions may be subject to additional terms that will be made available at the time.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition unless otherwise stated.
- By entering any competition, you agree to Get it Magazine passing on your personal information to the promoters of a competition (where it is not Get it Magazine).
- Get it Magazine or the third party involved with a prize giveaway are not liable in any way to any winner who cannot take up a prize.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- Competitions are not open to any employees of Get it Magazine, the promoter or their immediate families, a competition promoter’s advertising agency, promotion consultancy, or anyone else connected with the creation and administration of the giveaway.
- Spammers will be disqualified. One entry per person permitted unless otherwise specified.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted stated competition terms and to have agreed to be bound by them.
- Only the winner(s) are contacted via email and/or phone number provided upon entry. Winners have 7 (seven) days to respond or another winner will be selected.
- Get it Magazine’s decision is final in every situation, including any not covered here.
- All competition entries must completely adhere to the entry requirements including closing date and time.
- Entry to a competition and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use any entrant’s name, image and any competition entry photograph, for promotional and/or editorial purposes in any format in print and non-print media without additional consultation.
- Get it Magazine reserves the right to cancel and/or withdraw a competition and/or amend terms at any time without notice.
- Where Get it Magazine facilitates a competition with a promoter where the promoter is responsible for the selection and/or the provision of prizes, Get it Magazine is not responsible for the provision and distribution of these prizes.
- This space is owned and operated by Get it Magazine as are all other officially branded social and digital channels.
- These terms govern the use of the site, including participation social commenting and competitions.
- Our site(s) is designed to provide a space for all, for the exchange of opinions, comments and information and, therefore, Get it Magazine requires its users to abide by these terms. Your use of the site will constitute your agreement to comply with these terms.
- From time to time, Get it Magazine may publish pieces which some visitors may find offensive. Get it Magazine does not intend to offend; No responsibility is taken for any offense caused.
- Get it Magazine or its editorial and commercial contributors own all material on the site(s).
- You acknowledge that all brands featured within Get it Magazine’s online and print editions are trademarked and that you may not use them without prior written permission from Get it Magazine.
- You are responsible for all of your own use of our web spaces. You agree not to use obscene, indecent or offensive language, or to place on the sites any material that is false, defamatory, abusive, harassing or hateful. You agree to use our web spaces only for lawful purposes and acknowledge that your failure to do so may subject you to civil and criminal liability.
- By using the sites or posting content on any Get it Magazine spaces, you confirm you are 18 years old or more or, if you are under 18 years old, that you have received parent or guardian’s consent.
- Get it Magazine takes no responsibility for the accuracy of messages posted by you to our digital spaces.
- Postings to Social Media spaces managed by Get it Magazine are not private. You grant Get it Magazine a perpetual royalty free non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, modify, translate, transmit, distribute and sub-licence any material you supply or communicate to us via digital media platforms, in any medium now in existence in the future, for any purpose, including commercial uses to any third party. Get it Magazine will not return it if submitted, and accepts no liability whatsoever for safe custody thereof.
- By sharing any contribution(s) with us (including but not limited to data, text, photos, messages, posting, images, logos, attachments, hyperlinks and all other content to our site(s), you agree and grant Get it Magazine free of charge permission to use the contribution(s) at Get it Magazine’s discretion.
- You agree that Get it Magazine. is not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any information or materials posted by others, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material.
- Get it Magazine and our sponsors and promoters may use your details to let you know about products and services which we think would be of interest to you.
- Always read our terms and conditions carefully, and understand how your information will be used and where it will be stored.
- While Get it Magazine takes every care to ensure that the information on our digital spaces and within the print magazine is accurate and complete, some of it is supplied to Get it Magazine by third parties and Get it Magazine is unable to check its accuracy or completeness. You are advised to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it.
Those who make advertising placements and/or supply copy material or editorial submissions to Get it Magazine, undertake to ensure that all such material does not infringe any copyright, trademark, defamation, libel, slander or title, breach of confidence, does not contain anything obscene or indecent, or does not infringe the Trade Practices Act or other laws, regulations or statutes. Further to the above mentioned these persons agree to indemnify the publisher and/or its agents against any investigations, claims or judgements.
In this magazine, we have listed a range of products, prices and stores across Australia and online. Although prices are correct at the time of printing, they are indicative only as prices and stock may vary from store to store. All prices were provided to Get it Magazine by relevant retailers and suppliers. We advise you to contact the relevant retailers for further information about price and availability. Get it Magazine does not accept any responsibility for price variations, availability or quality of products.